- losing and gaining the same 3 lbs for the past two months. I don't even want to talk about it.
- the sign in the window of my co-workers car that says 'Mother-To-Be On Board' as though she were some kind of precious snowflake we should coddle and protect just because she had unprotected sex.
- the fact that a photographer shoved his camera up in Anne Hathaway's business and she was asked to explain on television why she chose not to wear underwear.
- babies that should be with their families, but aren't because... well I don't think we even know why, but they aren't and I can't say anything that hasn't already been said by much more eloquent and intelligent people but I think Michael Moore makes an excellent point.
I hope you don’t mind, but I’d like to just say a few words about what happened today, because I’ve been concerned about this issue for a long time. Yes, we need more gun control. Yes, we need free mental health services in this country. But I really believe that even if we had better gun control laws and better mental health, that we would still be the sort of sick and twisted, violent people that we’ve been for hundreds of years, that it’s something that’s just in our craw, just in our DNA. And to get that out of our DNA is going to take a lot more than passing a bill in Albany or D.C. That’s not going to do it.And, you know, other countries, I mean, they have their crazy people, and they have people that—there have been shootings and killings in Norway, in France and in Germany. But there haven’t been 61 mass killings like there have been in this country just since Columbine. Sixty-one mass shootings in this country. I like to say that I sort of agree with the NRA when they say, "Guns don’t kill people, people kill people," except I would just modify that a bit and say, "Guns don’t kill people, Americans kill people," because that’s what we do. We invade countries. We send drones in to kill civilians. We’ve got five wars going on right now where our soldiers are killing people—I mean, five that we know of. We are on the short list of illustrious countries who have the death penalty. We believe it’s OK to kill you when you’ve committed a crime.
- pictures of precious baby deer Mesut Özil wearing a cardigan and looking like a bored 8 year old at a banquet.
- every interview Martin Freeman has done while promoting The Hobbit.
- Joe Gilgun