April 19, 2012

Imaginary Boyfriend Thursday... Inevitable Edition

I've played hard to get with this one for weeks... playing coy, pretending indifference, delaying the inevitable.

Probably because he is such an obvious choice.   I mean, he is everyone's favorite.  I thought I preferred someone more distinctive and unusual.

But it turns out I am just as much a sucker for his curly hair, impeccably groomed facial hair, and accent (sweet Jesus the accent) as the rest of creation.


And that is why I salute you, Richard Madden, and declare you my imaginary Scottish boyfriend (for the week).



Guh.  He's even better in motion, you guys.




And then there is this:


"Madden had a steep learning curve in the past. After joining the local youth acting school, PACE, to "get more confidence before going to high school”, his talent was spotted early. He was scouted for his first acting role at the age of 11, when he played alongside Jonny Lee Miller in the 2000 cinema adaptation of the Iain Banks novel Complicity. Madden played a young rape victim, an experience which “didn’t bode well for high school,” he says, and led to bullying. 


... I was about 15 and I felt I had to stop after … experiences,” he says, hesitating. He is clearly referring to the trouble he received at school which was, he says, “quite difficult to swallow … But at 17 going on 18, I had to make a decision about what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, and I knew that I needed to do acting as a job, and I wanted to do it more than anything else." 


Poor BB was bullied, you guys!  I just want to wrap him in a blanket and make him pancakes!!! And then climb him like a blanket and pancake tree.  I have no idea what that even means.

5 comments:

  1. mmmh pancakes!
    Scottish accent I am a big sucker for them, also Kevin Mckid mmhhh, scottish and ginger!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin McKidd! I forgot how much I was in love with him on Rome!

      Delete
  2. You know what, I think climbing a guy like a blanket and pancake tree is similar to pouring bbq sauce on a guy and working him like a rib. I've said that many times in the past and I'm still not entirely sure what that means.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am 100% stealing that because although I don't know what it means, I know in my heart what it means.

      A woman telling a man she would work him like a rib should be like the highest compliment a man can ever be paid. That's just my opinion.

      Delete
    2. That sweet line is how I snagged my husband. Just sayin'.

      Delete

Popular Posts