Location: My office, Wichita, KS
1. What time did you go to bed last night, and were you alone?
I went to bed at 8:30 last night, but I read until almost 10. I always sleep with my pug, Henry. He's very cuddly.
2. If you could be given ANY gift what would it be?
If we're going the super greedy, ridiculous, never in a million years route... a 1985 white Lambourghini Countach. My brother had a poster of one when I was little, and whenever we talked about someone who was rich I would ask him how many Lamboughinis that person could buy. My entire concept of wealth as a child centered on the ability to purchase Lambourghini Countachs.
On a slightly less greedy route I would really like these super cool Helvetica playing cards.
|Image from Pinterest|
3. What was the last film that really thrilled/moved/disturbed you and why?
I watched a documentary on Netflix a couple of weeks ago called Cropsey, and I had to bail out about 30 minutes into it because I got freaked out. The documentary is about the origins of an urban legend in the director's childhood neighborhood on Staten Island about an escaped mental patient who lives in the tunnels under the city and snatches little kids. The documentary is about how the community learned that the story wasn't completely made up after children started disappearing from the area. It was super creepy. I really want to finish it once I get my courage up.
4. What is your favorite TV show of all time (i.e. you've seen every episode, can watch it over and over again, and quote lines from it)?
Based on that criteria I would have to go with Arrested Development... with 1st and 2nd runners up being Wings and Designing Women.
5. What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name?
The perpetual girl-child that lives inside of me wants to pick something flowery and princess-y like Aurora or Georgiana, but I've always thought it would be awesome to have a cool nickname like Pepper or Scout.
6. What is your favorite article of clothing and why?
Right now it's my red flannel shirt. I put it on every night when I get home. It just seems appropriate for fall weather.
7. If you could go anywhere in the world for vacation where would it be and who would it be with?
I would love to go to Germany with my parents to see the village they lived in when they were first married and my Dad was stationed there in the army. I've heard so many stories about Kothen and the family they lived with while they were there. Plus Germany just looks amazing.
8. What did you want to be when you were little and do you think you ever will be?
I had three dream jobs as a child:
a) Barker's Beauty on The Price is Right
b) Cashier at the grocery store
c) Roller skating rink DJ
I'm going to say no on all three, but I'm okay with that :)
9. What was your favorite toy as a child... and now?
Barbies and my cabbage patch kid dolls. I was a pretty girly child.
Now... I don't know. My iPod?
10. When was the last time you cried laughing and why?
Yesterday while I was at work listening to a Ricky Gervais podcast. I was praying no one would walk into my office and see me laughing like a maniac.