November 17, 2011

Thursday Playlist

I usually try to make a new playlist for myself every week, and burn it on a disc to play on my drive to work.  Part of the fun is trying to find the perfect mix of music that will come in at around a perfect 25 minutes (the length of my commute) and match my current mood or theme.

This week I'm listening to a lot of what I call "New Folk".  Some of it is pretty new to me, but that is also part of the fun of making a new playlist every week, it keeps me out of a musical rut of recycling the same songs and forces me to discover some music that is new (at least to me).  I usually just look up a musician on YouTube and start clicking around and listening to different things.  That is how I have discovered some of my absolute favorite bands and musicians.

Here is this weeks playlist:

New Romantic - Laura Marling

Clementine - Sarah Jaffe

The Cave - Mumford and Sons

The Littlest Birds - The Be Good Tanyas

Hesitating Beauty - Billy Bragg and Wilco

It's mellow, but slightly upbeat at times.  I think The Cave will make my workout playlist, I feel like I could run 100 miles per hour when I listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts