June 4, 2012

A Day In The Life

So last week work got kinda crazy, and then there was the Game of Thrones season finale last night which, you guys, I can't even talk about yet.  Just a lot of feelings.


So what happened in between?

Not much, but I'm going to tell you about it anyways.

Have I ever told you guys that I live with my parents?  Yeah.  I'm that person.  I am the 30 year old woman that lives with her parents.

It's a long story, and not a super fun one involving job loss, anxiety, and the death of a family member.  The good news is that my parents are rad so I kind of enjoy living with them.  I fully intend on moving out at some point, but for the time being I'm pretty okay with staying put.

Also, you guys, in Spain it is like 100% normal for adult children to live with their parents indefinitely. So, in a way, it's very European and sophisticated of me.

That's what I keep telling myself anyways.

Okay so last week I started to get a cold, plus I was crazy busy so I pretty much planned to do nothing this weekend.  Also my parents were both away for the weekend so I had the house to myself (Party! Shenanigans!!).

Here is what I did on Saturday to the best of my memory:

7:00 - Awake
7:15-7:45 - Feed dogs
8:00-8:15 - Feed self
8:15- 9:00 - Debate taking morning walk
9:00 - Get sick of listening to debate in own head, leave for walk
9:00 - 10:15 - Walking
10:20 - 12:00 - Find nothing on television, decide to watch the entire first season of Girls on HBO On Demand
12:00 - Feed self (Tostada!)
12:30 - Finally shower
1:00-2:00 - Nap time!!
2:00-5:00 More Girls (periodically interrupted by wandering into the kitchen to eat things)
5:00 - Decide I should sit outside for awhile and enjoy the nice weather.  Get sick of it after 10 minutes and go back inside.
5:30 - Dinner time!! More tostadas!!!
6:00 - Regret eating dinner so early.  Vast stretch of time remaining between now and bed time during which I should not eat anything else.
6:00-7:00 - Try watching X-Men First Class on HBO (you guys, it's so bad.  So many great actors, how can it be so bad?!  Michael Fassbender couldn't even fix the terrible writing)
7:00 - Give up on X-Men.  Wander into kitchen.
7:00 - Toast with peanut butter
7:05 - Cookie dough
7:15 - More cookie dough
7:30 - Try watching Hall Pass on HBO (you guys, this one is so bad too.  I will laugh at almost anything and this is just awful.  And why is Joy Behar from The View in this movie? Ugh. The worst)
7:45 - Pineapple.  I eat an entire container of pineapple.  At least it's fruit?
8:00 - Decide to take a chance on Dinner for Schmucks (best decision I've made all day. Hilarious)
10:00 - 12:00 Re watch old soccer game I have saved on DVR
12:00 - Wash face and remove contacts
12:15 - 12:45 - Reading A Clash of Kings (Game of Thrones book)
12:45 - Asleep

As you can see my life is non-stop socializing and partying.  It's basically like an episode of Sex in the City but with more sex, drugs, and rock and roll. And cookie dough.


2 comments:

  1. So, that just made me feel a little dizzy reading all that you did. My Saturday went like this:

    9:00am- awake.
    9:00-10:00-Lay in bed trying to go back to sleep
    10:00am-6:30pm- Lay on couch watching Goon (watch it, hilarious), Alien, and Apollo 18 (don't watch it, terrible)with HGTV/Bravo mixed in. There was food in here somewhere.
    6:30-eat what husband puts in front of me
    7:00-10:00 Lay on couch watching tv
    10:00- sleep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like a lot at first read because I really broke it down, but in reality it's just a lot of television and cookie dough.

      Delete

Popular Posts