July 16, 2012

Productive Weekending

Things I did on Saturday:

- watched 4 movies
- walked outside and got the mail

You guys, I watched 4 entire movies on Saturday.  No fast forwarding through the boring parts or anything. I also read a bunch (A Storm of Swords... soooo good, you guys.  Not-so-spoiler alert: Next season on Game of Thrones, Danaerys is going to become even more of a bad ass).

First I watched a movie called Daydream Nation.  I decided to watch it because it starred Kat Dennings and I think she is pretty.


It was just okay.  Interesting enough that I kept watching, but didn't exactly blow my mind with awesome-ness.

Then I watched The Town.  Because HELLO... Ben Affleck, Jeremy Renner, AND Jon Hamm in one movie.


Again... just okay and not blowing my mind with awesome-ness.  I liked it though.

Then I watched The Switch with Jennifer Anniston and Jason Bateman.


It was cute, but, again, just okay.  The little kid in the movie that plays Sebastian was just stupidly adorable though.  And there was some good dialogue between Jason Bateman's character Wally and Sebastian.  This was probably my favorite scene:


Sebastian: Do you ever get scared that you could have Parkinson’s disease?
Wally: Not specifically Parkinson’s, but I’m not going to lie, I’ve had my bouts with hypochondria.
Sebastian: What’s that?
Wally: That’s thinking you have diseases that you don’t really have.
Sebastian: Oh my God. I have that.

The last movie I watched absolutely did blow my mind with awesome-ness.  It's a Belgian film called 'Bullhead' starring Matthias Schoenaerts.

This one isn't lighthearted and cute.  I love when a movie, or really, a character haunts you for days after you watch a movie or read a book.  This character is haunting.  It's just a really great physical and emotional performance.  I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. When I'm done with carrying my husbands baby I'm pretty sure I'm going to have Kat Dennings baby. She's beautiful and quirky and I love her. I'm going to have to check out that movie.

    And I agree with The Town and The Switch- they were good, nothing phenomenal though.

    Oh and I'm just now reading the first Game of Thrones book and I heart it.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts