November 13, 2012

What I've Been Reading... An Addendum To Yesterday's Post

Okay... so I maybe lied about posting something about online dating today.  TOMORROW.  I swear.  It's just that work is a giant shit-fest today and it's preventing me from doing things that really matter like blogging about my personal life.  Jeez, work... way to suck a bag of dicks.

So I forgot to add these awesome Agatha Christie-esque mystery novels that I've been reading to my list of "What I've been...".  I'm super in like with them, you guys.



There are lots more in the series, but these are the two I have read so far.

Okay. So these are both from the Daisy Dalrymple Series by Carola Dunn, and they WILL NOT change your life or make you think deep thoughts.  But, nonetheless, they are super fun to read and were a kind of needed palette cleanser after my summer-long Song of Ice and Fire reading bonanza.  They are the perfect books for a cold day, some cozy socks, and a nice hot cup of coffee/tea/cocoa/whiskey.  Basically, these are the book equivalent of an International Coffees commercial.

So Daisy, the main character, is an upper class English girl who is declaring her female-proud independence in the 1920s by supporting herself as a writer for Town and Country magazine. For her job as a writer she goes to various estates/castles/what-have-you to do profiles of the houses and take pretty pictures.  But, of course, while she is there someone gets murdered or a body is found.  She along with her Men Friday (specifically Chief Inspector Alec Fletcher) solve said mystery.  It's a simple, fun formula.  And, of course, there is a nice romantic subplot for Daisy and Alec.

So in my mind I've cast Felicity Jones as Daisy:


And the uber-yummy Matthew Macfadyen as Alec:


Good good stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, whoa whoa WHOA. I'm off in mommyland for like 3 weeks AND YOU TRY TO STEAL MY BOYFRIEND MATTHEW!!!??

    You. Bitch.

    Now I must read these books to see if you're doing my BF justice.

    In the meantime, I have my eye on you lady.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts