I totes got my first ever award thingamajig! A major award, you guys!
Must be Italian!
B at The Opposite of That has been so encouraging and kind to a know-nothing rookie blogger like me. Her comments are just slices of fried gold awesome. Thanks for the award, B!
So this award comes with a little bit of homework.
Here are the rules:
1. Copy the award image into a post.
2. List 10 things that make you happy.
3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day.
4. Put in a link to their blogs.
5. Notify the award receivers.
6. Recipients should link back to the sender’s blog.
Here goes nothin'...
Things that make me happy:
1. My pug, Henry
2. My parents, two of my best friends. I for realz won the parent lottery, you guys.
3. My best friend, Kamielle... for giggling over sappy romance novels with me.
4. Cake... all of it.
5. Daydreaming about my upcoming vacation... I will be on a beach in Jamaica in less than one week!
6. Watching my stories (The Young and the Restless) with my mom everyday.
7. A kicky new nail polish.
8. Cooking and baking for my family and friends.
9. Doing something creative every day.
10. Zzang! candy bars from Zingerman's.
10 blogs that add some sunshine to my morning coffee:
1. The Sunset Lane - Kari is hilarious, creative, and just a swell broad. I just love people who GO and DO THINGS instead of always talking about it... and that is exactly what Kari is like.
2. Mama, Love + Style - If ever you need proof that motherhood does not require donning a pair of mom jeans and a Quacker Factor oversized t-shirt, Lindsey is that proof.
3. Simple Musings - She's open, she's honest, she's funny, and she has a pug. And her name is Jessica. We're pretty much a match made in heaven.
4. Poke the Rock - In my dreams I am this funny and creative. It's never going to happen so I just read this blog instead.
5. Mayor Gia - Reading Gia's blog is like reading a really funny picture book for adults. And that's a really good thing.
6. Jen but Never Jenn - Again with the funny and creative ladies! Jen is like if Liz Lemon moved to Canada and tried to be a 50s housewife for 2 weeks. Also her pantyhose fell down on a busy street one time so we're pretty much soulmates.
7. The Freelancer's Fashionblog - Ulrika is from Finland and she is in a burlesque group and she wears amazeballs vintage clothing and she used to do these great hair tutorials and I just really like her blog. And run on sentences.
8. My Favorite and My Best - Her American Horror Story recaps were pretty much better than the actual show, and now she's doing Downton Abbey recaps and I'm reading them even though I haven't had a chance to watch the show (it's totes on my 'to watch asap' list). One time her blog was down for like 2 days and I nearly had a conniption.
9. Sweetheartville - I found this blog one day when I googled 'beauty operator' and I found this Oklahoma lady's super awesome amazing blog and her super awesome amazing Etsy store. I got like 3 Christmas presents for people from her. You guys, I just love the whole aesthetic of her life. It inspires me.
10. I Suwannee - Jamie owns this store 'Furbish' in South Carolina, and it's pretty much the store I would own if I ever owned a store (if you know what I mean). Her style is modern, but not sleek. It's feminine, but not fussy. It's just colorful and joyous and fun.
Just some hot dudes I found while wasting time on Tumblr... The Armitage The Gilgun Just some random tattooed mustachioed gentle...
I've played hard to get with this one for weeks... playing coy, pretending indifference, delaying the inevitable. Probably because he ...
This is the sum total of what I have accomplished at work today: I played MASH online. I'm married to Pep Guardiola.... I dou...
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me. Specifically I dreamt that Richard Madden loved me and one of you assholes was trying t...
So yesterday as I was doing some hard hitting investigative research on Tumblr for Imaginary Boyfriend Thursday I got sidetracked by this ge...
You know how there are things that you just love without having to think about it or try? Things like: - a slice of warm pie with vanill...
I'll be honest, I'm very tempted to choose this bathtub as my imaginary boyfriend this week: Because I am completely infatuated...
I'm picking Jon Hamm this week as my imaginary boyfriend even though in my heart my imaginary boyfriend is still Pep because tomorrow i...
Here is an artist's rendering of my face right now: Because I'm about to call some motherfuckers out. Motherfucker #1 (a...
That's the alternative title I came up with for Game of Thrones. Here are some more highly intuitive thoughts about last night's ep...