January 10, 2012

Saint Swithin's Day

I love quotes.  LaLaLOVE them.  I've always thought it would be cool to own a little shop... maybe a quaint little bookshop or a vintage home decor shop... mostly because I want to have a chalkboard in the shop where I could write a new special quote everyday to share with everyone.

This is a terrible business plan, you guys. I'm pretty sure zero banks would give me a business loan so I could have a shop to put my quote chalkboard in.

Well this letter I found on one of my FAVE websites of all time, Letters of Note, from Frank Sinatra is pretty much as chock full of awesome, inspiring, and perfect gems of quotage (if that isn't a word it should be) as anything I've ever come across.

And so I wanted to share it with you.


Source.

This is my favorite bit:

"Come on, George. Loosen up. Swing, man.
Dust off those gossamer wings and fly yourself
to the moon of your choice and be grateful
to carry the baggage we've all had to carry..."

Print it out. Paste it to your wall.  Read it every single day. And "Swing, man."

3 comments:

Popular Posts