December 19, 2011

These

This...

Emerald City by Revlon with Seche Vite Top Coat. Pardon my less than spectacular nail beds.



A lot of this...


This ridiculous (and embarrassingly awesome) song...


And some of these...

I would take a better photo, but I ate it the second I took this photo.
Which are from this recipe...

Oreo Truffles

Ingredients:
1 pkg. Oreo cookies
1 8oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 boxes Baker's Semi-sweet chocolate

Crush the Oreos ( I used the food processor, but I've also used a blender and a rolling pin for this task). Set aside approximately 1/2 cup or crumbs for decorating the truffles later.  Place the rest in a bowl, add the cream cheese and beat with a mixer until you can no longer see any white.  Roll into walnut sized balls and place on a foil lined cookie sheet. Put the balls into the refrigerator to firm up... about 30 minutes.  

In the meantime. unwrap all of the chocolate and place in a microwave safe bowl.  Melt according to instructions (on the back of the box).  Using the method of your choice (I employ 2 toothpicks. One to spike the ball and drop into the chocolate, the other to remove the ball from the toothpick) dip each truffle into chocolate and place back onto foil lined sheet. Sprinkle with some of the reserved crushed cookies.  This hides the toothpick hole and makes them prettier.

Put the truffles back into the refrigerator to chill for approximately 30 minutes or as long as you can stand, whichever comes first.  Now proceed to eat yourself sick.  


With all of these in my arsenal I am fully prepared to make this Monday my prison bitch, y'all.

P.S. Did anyone else watch the 'Geek Love' show on TLC last night?  It was awesome, awkward, and gloriously cute.  I want the guy Chewie (he does a Chewbacca impression) and the Mandalorian (spelling?) girl to hook up! They are perfect for each other.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I love cookies, but I ate myself sick yesterday and my tummy is not up for the sugary goodness of Oreo Truffles. I'm weeping at my wimpy stomach.

    You and I seem to have similar taste in odd shows. LOL. And that's not a bad thing. Trust.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts